British Airways celebrates the first anniversary of the Dreamliner launch with special fares from Abu Dhabi to London
– Eight reasons for travellers from the UAE to fly British Airways’ Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner to London
British Airways have announced a special fares campaign to mark the one-year anniversary since the launch of the Dreamliner 787-9 on its Abu Dhabi to London service. The special fares campaign will run until 16 November with travel valid until 31 March 2017.
For customers who are yet to experience a flight on the Boeing 787-9, British Airways reveals eight good reasons why customers should choose this state-of-the-art aircraft:
- You’ve got a real deal – First-year anniversary celebration return fares to London start from as little as AED 2019 while return fares on British Airways’ Club World cabins start from as little as AED 11, 850. For information on bookings, visit ba.com
- You will arrive at your destination feeling less jet-lagged – Like its predecessor Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, the 787-9 has an integrated LED mood lighting system reflects daylight and night time brightness and helps customers’ bodies adjust to different time-zones. It offers a smoother ride, with built-in sensors countering the effects of turbulence, reducing nausea for those customers who suffer from motion sickness. With lower cabin air pressure than traditional aircraft, customers will notice an increased amount of oxygen and moisture in the cabin air, helping to reduce the effects of jet-lag and dry eyes.
- Choice of four cabins – As the 787-9 is 20ft longer than 787-8, the new aircraft is able to accommodate its highly acclaimed First, Club World business class, World Traveller Plus premium economy and World Traveller economy class. The 787-9 has a total of 216 seats, with eight in First, 42 in Club World, 39 in World Traveller Plus and 127 in World Traveller.
- Ultimate luxury – The new aircraft has a new First cabin created specifically for the aircraft and painstakingly designed based on feedback from First customers. The cabin has only eight suites and the new design puts comfort at the heart of the experience and makes the very best use of the most intimate space. The suites now include four new storage areas. A new ottoman next to the adjustable footstool has enough room for shoes, handbags and personal items, while the personal suiter for jackets and coats is now accessible without the customer having to move from the seat. Customers who need to charge any devices can now do so in a discreet storage area next to the armrest.
- Sight-seeing starts in the air – The 787-9 has no conventional window shades! The aircraft features large dimmable windows – over 30 percent larger than those on most similarly sized aircraft and the brightness can be adjusted at the touch of a button. Customers will enjoy a superior flight experience in the skies with the natural light and the view outside.
- Brand new entertainment experience – The 787-9 is fitted with the latest Thales entertainment system. Every seat features a widescreen television. Customers can choose audio and video on demand, including TV boxsets and audio programmes. They can speak to friends elsewhere on the aircraft using an in-seat chat system and even connect their own devices to the entertainment system.
- Environmental benefits – The 787-9 is Boeing’s most fuel-efficient aircraft to date – 20 percent more fuel efficient than the similar sized commercial jets that it is designed to replace. In addition, the 787-9 is designed to be more environmentally progressive through the product life cycle. Composite materials make up 50 percent of the primary structure, including the fuselage and wings. The materials used are recyclable at the end of the airplane’s service life.
- The beauty of silence – The 787-9 has a much smaller sound footprint than its predecessors – 60 percent smaller than similar sized aircraft. No sound of more than 85 decibels – about the level of loud traffic heard from the side of the road leaves the airport boundaries.
To book direct flights from Abu Dhabi to London on British Airways’ Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, please visit ba.com.
For further information on British Airways, please visit www.britishairways.com