Following the resounding success of its recent ‘Live like a Maharaja’ menu, dishes inspired by the royal kitchens of India, Asha’s at Wafi present a selection of 10 new unique and creative Biryani and Kebab dishes showcasing recipes perfected by Asha in her personal kitchen in Bombay.
Asha, a quintessential cook at home whose passion in life is to prepare her food with love, has pampered Bollywood veterans and iconic prime ministers with her secret Biryani recipes. Guests can sample Asha’s gastronomic delights in a new and exciting menu. Indulge in a Chamandi Prawn Biryani, an unparalleled masterpiece, prawns cooked in a coconut cilantro pesto with lemon juice and coconut milk, or savor the unique flavor of Calicut Gosht Biryani, Asha’s home-style lamb with onion and yogurt, spiced with cinnamon and star anise.
Built around the legendary Indian artist Asha Bhosle, and her passion for cooking, Asha’s menu reflects the very best of Indian cuisine and promises a truly memorable dining experience. “A great recipe is like an immortal tune, it happens but only a few times in one’s life” Asha Bhosle. Cooking has been her life’s interest and love, Asha concentrates her culinary talents exclusively in the kitchens of her branded international restaurant chain.
What we tried:
- Kofta Kham Khatai: Crispy fried bottle gourd & potato hash patties, pan tossed with tamarind chutney, ginger and fennel
- Bhatti Ka Chaap: Boneless chicken leg marinated in a flavored mix of spices and yogurt and finished in the tandoor
- Kadak Aur Reshmi Seek Kabab: Minced chicken kebab two ways: crispy-fried and stuffed with cheese, the other chargrilled in the tandoor and flavored with cinnamon, clove and cardamom
- Jheenga Jalpari: Deep fried king prawns, stuffed with cheese and prawn chunks, coated with bread crumbs and served with sundried tomato chutney
- Chamandi Prawn Biryani: Prawns cooked in a coconut cilantro pesto with lemon juice and coconut milk, Finished on dum with ghee rice
Hare Baingan Ka Bharta: Oven-roasted and mashed eggplants tempered with mustard seeds, onions, garlic, green chillies and fresh coriander in clarified butter.
- Dal Makhani: A slow cooked overnight urad dal and rajma preparation enriched with fresh cream
Gulab Jamun: Classic milk reduction and cottage cheese dumplings servedwith ‘rabri’ (sweet milk reduction)
Rasmalai: A milk-based sweet dessert served cold with sweetened milk
Gajar Ka Halwa: Grated carrots cooked in milk and sugar
Due to centuries of spice trading Arabia and the Subcontinent share a great culinary history. This rich cultural alliance was deemed responsible for the evolution of two monumental gastronomic phenomena’s the creation and development of Biryanis and Kebabs. Such is the appeal throughout the Arab and subcontinent world of these two unique dishes they often represent the sole offering in many ethnic restaurants.
Kebabs (believed to originate from the Arabic word Kabéb) are cited to date back to the 1300’s; tradition has it, both dishes Biryanis and Kebabs were invented in the royal houses of Persia, and enjoyed throughout the various Islamic Empires. By offering unique and sometimes forgotten recipes from every corner of the Indian subcontinent, Wafi’s upcoming Biryani and Kebab promotion seeks to explain the interest of these infamous dishes by celebrating the diversity of hundreds of regional derivatives.
India’s Pride, the unparalleled Biryanis and Kebabs menu will be available in Asha’s at Wafi from 1st August 2016 to 30th November 2016. A grand indulgence not to be missed!
WAFI remains Dubai’s destination of choice for luxury brands, bespoke creators and personalized service and every meal at Asha’s is a carefully curated occasion,” Mariano Andres General Manager concludes.